I signed a car contract without reading it well. THey got my payment where I wanted it. After getting home I saw the price was

Woodbridge, VA |

32,000. But they actual price of the car on the window 25, 525.. THis is after delivery and options. THis is not base price. Is this bait and switch. Can I do anything about it since I agreed to the price?

It is not bait and switch unless they gave you a different car. It's unclear if the price was before options, but it sounds like you purchased the car that had the $25,525 on it and did not ask for anything additional. It is also likely that the $32,000 amount is merely the total amount that you will have paid after paying off the loan on the vehicle. This is information that must be provided to a consumer if there is a lien against the vehicle.

$6500 seems excessive for any tax and fees that might be associated, so I recommend you compare VIN numbers with the sticker and the sales receipt and go back to the car dealer to inquire why there is such a large difference if it does not appear related to total amount after lien is paid. If the VIN numbers don't match up, that might help explain the problem. If you did not receive the car indicated on the sticker, you may have the ability to claim bait and switch at that point or misrepresentation.

Without more information, it's difficult to tell if there was a mistake, if there was fraud, or if this was a legitimate sale.

Please note that this response is based upon the limited information available in the question. In addition, it is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship and is offered only as general information and not as legal advice.

Repost with additional information:
what was the sticker
what did you negotiate
what was the agreed purchase price
did you finance the car
did you buy off the lot or order made
what aftermarket options
what interest rate
what period of months
what is the total cost of the car after financing

My gut tells me the total cost after financing is $32,000--that is not unusual (depending on the loan terms), but my gut is speculative since answers to those questions above would be required in order to determine your basic circumstances.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

Car loan topics

Recommended articles about Car loan