I signed a Buyer Agency agreement. Is this contract binding to my husband who did not sign.

Asked over 2 years ago - Lancaster, PA

Real Estate agent had me sign a Buyer Agency Agreement. My husband did not sign this contract. When I tried to end this contract for various reasons the agency said I had to stay with them for the 6 months and they would not end the contract. Is this contract binding for my Husband?

We would be potential buyers

1. Jan Matthew Tamanini

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . If your reasons for ending the contract include that the realtors were not fulfilling their end of the bargain, you may be able to get out of the contract early for cause (the agency didn't fulfill its contractual duties to you). If your husband didn't sign the contract, not only would it not bind him, it could also be a reason to terminate your agreement, as the agency did not have the consent of all owners for the agency agreement.

Of course, as with all of my online answers, my advice is limited by the brevity of your question and the facts provided. Additional information would be required to provide definitive legal advice, so this answer isn't intended to, and does not, create an attorney-client relationship.

Good luck!

If you feel this answer has been helpful, please consider checking the "thumbs up" box below.

2. James S. Tupitza

2

1

Answered . Any real estate licensee that wants to force you into maintaining a contractual relationship it just plain stupid. Imagine how much an agent pays for advertising to promote himself or herself. Imagine the cost of the dis-advertising when you start telling everyone you know that your are stuck like glue. Go to the agent's broker of record or manager and work this out. It should not be hard.