Skip to main content

I sign a compromise and release on 12-1812012 I wavied my right to a trial the judge sign and OT on dec. 19 it has been two monw

Long Beach, CA |

It has now been two months and my lawyer is tell me heto stop calling.g what can I do

Attorney Answers 6

  1. Best answer

    Did he tell you to stop calling? Or is he just not returning your calls? If he told you to stop calling, find another attorney, if he isn't returning your calls, pay his/her bill. If this is the case, I am sure you stopped paying, and he/she stopped working. No one likes to work without getting paid, my friend.

    You wouldn't work for free would you? If the answer is yes, I have a driveway that I need ripped up and replaced.

  2. What type of case is this?

    Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Practicing throughout Southern California
    (310) 707-7131

    This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.

  3. see the previous answers on the other two postings of this question

  4. He most likely asked you to stop calling because the case is settled, his representation is over, and he has other files to represent. Contingency is not the same as "All You Can Call." Why don't you write him a letter with your specific question, and tell him that you are willing to pay his $300-$350 hourly rate for further assistance because the question is weighing very heavily upon your mind.

    We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

  5. Since a judge approved your compromise and release on December 19, your case is over if the award is paid out on time. If you have a specific question I suggest you write him a letter as his representation is finished. If you are calling to retrieve your file, which is your property, please make that known to his staff in your call or letter so you can pick up your file. After an approved compromise and release is properly paid out, there are no more issues in your workers compensation case and it is closed. It will show as a closed case in the Electronic Adjudication Management System for the Worker's Compensation Appeals Board website.

  6. I disagree with my colleagues. Your case is not over until you have been paid. You should have been paid a month ago. Your attorney should be contacting the carrier and/or setting a penalty hearing.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics