I shoplifted for the1st time, I think it was over $100. I'm an adult. About how much will the fee be @ do I need lawyer/attorney

Asked 5 months ago - Omaha, NE

I confessed to the crime at the store with the police present. I took it. I also broke some thing, in order to take it. I asked for forgiveness, It was stupid@ I was greedy. I also think I have a problem @ need help. I am afraid for the future. I don't know what to do. This happed in a different town then where I live.

1. Brendan Michael Kelly

Pro

Best Answer

Answered . Generally, we get the matter dismissed prior to the court date, depending on when you contact us.

2. Gary Ralph Ilmanen

Answered . Bad situation, but not the end of the world. I'll correct the practice area for you.

3. Theodore W. Robinson

Answered . It sounds like you may be young and you've made a mistake - well, a few mistakes, but all part of the same incident. You need to see an experienced and compassionate criminal defense attorney who will also refer you to a psychologist/psychiatrist who can assist you in overcoming this type of aberrant behavior. I've seen this type of thing before and you definitely can work it out - with professional help.

The lawyer will more than likely work the criminal matter out for you since it is a first offense, but you still need to use this experience as an incentive to work out the underlying emotional/psychological issue so it doesn't happen again.