Skip to main content

I shoplifted for the1st time, I think it was over $100. I'm an adult. About how much will the fee be @ do I need lawyer/attorney

Omaha, NE |

I confessed to the crime at the store with the police present. I took it. I also broke some thing, in order to take it. I asked for forgiveness, It was stupid@ I was greedy. I also think I have a problem @ need help. I am afraid for the future. I don't know what to do. This happed in a different town then where I live.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    Generally, we get the matter dismissed prior to the court date, depending on when you contact us.

    Most lawyers will give you a free consultation if you ask for one. We do this all the time, but remember that our time is valuable and you should stay with the people who help you the most.

  2. Bad situation, but not the end of the world. I'll correct the practice area for you.

    I am an Attorney-at-Law, licensed to practice law only in the state of California. Unless we have both signed a formal retainer agreement, you are not my client, and my discussion of issues does not constitute legal advice. Opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of those who hold other opinions.

  3. It sounds like you may be young and you've made a mistake - well, a few mistakes, but all part of the same incident. You need to see an experienced and compassionate criminal defense attorney who will also refer you to a psychologist/psychiatrist who can assist you in overcoming this type of aberrant behavior. I've seen this type of thing before and you definitely can work it out - with professional help.

    The lawyer will more than likely work the criminal matter out for you since it is a first offense, but you still need to use this experience as an incentive to work out the underlying emotional/psychological issue so it doesn't happen again.

    Good luck.

    This answer does not form an attorney/client relationship with anyone and any answers do not constitute direct legal advice and should not be followed unless and until you have spoken with an attorney of your choice.