I settled my auto accident/tort case in San Francisco Superior Court - limited jurisdiction. What form do I fill out to dismiss?

Asked 8 months ago - San Francisco, CA

I was told by the defense attorney that they will not send the check until they receive my signed copy of the dismissal. I would not have to file the dismissal until I receive the payment. Is this the normal procedure? What form do I use to dismiss?

Am I supposed to file a Notice of Settlement, then afterwards file the Request for Dismissal? I settled the case right after serving the Defendant and before the first CMC.

1. Jeffrey P. Lowenthal

Pro

1

Answered . Call the clerk of the court to find out about the form. Make sure you don't dismiss with prejudice. This means if something should happen, you can refile. You should have some kind of settlement agreement signed before you dismiss the complaint.