I sent my k-1 visa petition to Dallas Lockbox, to which service center they send it, California or Vermont?

Austin, TX |

I sent my k-1 visa petition to Dallas Lockbox, to which service center they send it, California or Vermont? I see that California service center works faster than Vermont.

your receipt notice will state the Service Center where it went

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

If you are looking at the processing time charts ... don't be fooled ... they're rarely accurate.

Personally, I think that the service center directors have a competition and try to 'skew' their statistics ... to make it look like one center is 'better/faster' than another.

Keep in mind that, at this time of year, no one in the government works fast.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Your receipt notice will say VSC or CSC before the receipt number. You can check processing times on the website, but as my colleague stated, they aren't really accurate. Usually it takes about 9 months to process a K-1 visa if there are no other issues.

www.gassonlaw.com - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.

You will not know until the receipt notice comes. EAC means it is with Vermont, and WAC means it is with California.

But as my colleague says, don't rely on the published processing times for an accurate prediction of processing times. Rarely are they accurate to the day, and often they are average times, so you can potentially find out a result several days or weeks outside the "average" processing times.

My response to your question does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is this information to be construed as legal advice. If you would like to have a consultation or require representation, please contact our office directly: (512) 348-7966

Mark Albert Bissada

Mark Albert Bissada

Or the receipt can say VSC/CSC.