I sent my k-1 visa petition to Dallas Lockbox, to which service center they send it, California or Vermont?

Asked over 1 year ago - Austin, TX

I sent my k-1 visa petition to Dallas Lockbox, to which service center they send it, California or Vermont? I see that California service center works faster than Vermont.

1. F. J. Capriotti III

6

1

Answered . If you are looking at the processing time charts ... don't be fooled ... they're rarely accurate.

Personally, I think that the service center directors have a competition and try to 'skew' their statistics ... to make it look like one center is 'better/faster' than another.

Keep in mind that, at this time of year, no one in the government works fast.

2. Kristina A. Gasson

5

1

Answered . Your receipt notice will say VSC or CSC before the receipt number. You can check processing times on the website, but as my colleague stated, they aren't really accurate. Usually it takes about 9 months to process a K-1 visa if there are no other issues.

3. Mark Albert Bissada

5

Answered . You will not know until the receipt notice comes. EAC means it is with Vermont, and WAC means it is with California.

But as my colleague says, don't rely on the published processing times for an accurate prediction of processing times. Rarely are they accurate to the day, and often they are average times, so you can potentially find out a result several days or weeks outside the "average" processing times.

4. Irene Vaisman

4

1

Answered . your receipt notice will state the Service Center where it went

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.