Skip to main content

I sent a letter for verification of the debt to a collection agency with my adress then the CA reply to an old diferent adress

Arcadia, CA |

I sent a letter from my wife's account to a collection agency to verified the debt
then the CA sent that verification letter to my wifes parents in law adress diferent from the real adress it shows in the letter but my wifes used to live there and we state weekends over my parents in law
in the letter they give us not even 30 days of dispute we have move and have a new adress close and in the same streett.
I want to know what I can do because I sent a letter whit our real adress and they replied to a diferent adress but our parents in law handed to us.
my question is Can I dispute for validation of the debt whit the adress that show in our parents in law or since we moved I can put our new adress for the CA to validate the debt
please If experts attorneys can give me advice what to do.

note: I disputed for validation of the debt before over the phone with a debt collector in the past but they continuing to contacting my original home and my parents in law adress my question is Can I still sent a letter certified for validation of the debt so I can have something in writing please If attorneys experts in debt collectors Can give advice what to do?

Attorney Answers 2


Yes. Write back. Their confusion has nothing to do with whether you owe the bill, or not. Focus on that. Write again saying you do not owe the bill (wherever you live :)

This is general legal information, not intended to apply to your specific case. And I may not be licensed to practice in your particular state. Under Federal Law, I am a debt relief agent.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


I would provide your proper address - feel free to contact my office next week and we can try to put you in touch with a local attorney who can help you. My best to you and your family.

Please do not take my answer to be legal advice that would establish any attorney-client relationship. Please take it as a general response from my own experience in response to your question. I hope you find it helpful.

Mark as helpful

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics