I send the I-102 form about two weeks, I found out in some cases they ask for more evidence so should I send a copy of the visa

Asked over 1 year ago - Trenton, NJ

Just in case if they need more evidence so I dont have to wait that much, because right now the waiting of the replacement is about 7 months

1. Yunior Pineiro

4

Answered . If your question is whether you should send additional documents in connection with the Form I-102 you have already filed (i.e. mailed), then I suggest that you actually wait until you hear back from immigration. Even if you do send additional documents after filing the I-102, it is likely that the additional documents will never make it to your immigration file for this case. While it might have been helpful to send additional documents with the initial I-102, at this point I would wait. You may call the toll free number at the bottom of your receipt for the I-102 to get an update on the case. You may also check on the status of your case online at www.uscis.gov.

2. Irene Vaisman

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Pineiro

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. Nicolette Glazer

2

Answered . I agree with my colleague -- sending additional documents after filing but before a request for evidence would not be very helpful. Even if you send a copy of your visa now USCIS may still ask for additional evidence.

Answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  4. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . It is too late to send in more evidence now ... it will get lost in the mail room.

Wait for them to ask ... they will send a sheet with a bar code ... to make tracking easier and reduce the risk of loss.

Yes, it takes a long time ... that is the unfortunate price you pay for having lost your I-94 ... sorry.