I see that Immigration Reform happening in 2013 as i see that house, senate and congress are ready to work with the president.

Atlanta, GA |

What i wanna know is what will be the clause for a person to stay in usa for how many years like for DACA it was a person has to be in usa for atleast 5 years from the day of announcement.

So can any body guess that number of years for an individual???

1. I agree that both parties appear to be poised to pass immigration reform in 2013, but what the final package will look like is hard to predict. Previous proposals were for a temporary visa for up to about 5 years and then you could apply for residence by paying a fine. I have not heard of any proposals, but I would guess that we would see something similar.

2. Anyone can guess, but this early in the game, guesses are practically useless.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. None of us has a crystal ball, I'm afraid. We'll all have to wait and see.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

4. Especially as Republicans re-assess election strategies and results, Republican leaders talk about "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" (CIR). Regrettably, however, a very powerful portion of the "Republican Base" appears to misunderstand the realities about immigrants' contributions to our society, the fundamental American values served by keeping families together and other compelling arguments favoring CIR. It would be dangerous to feel too confident that despite multiple bipartisan attempts before, 2013 will see a major breakthrough, and to start guessing about the details of any potential breakthrough.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
    Frazier, Soloway, Poorak & Kennedy, P.C.
    1800 Century Place, Suite 100
    Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com
    404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.] David N. Soloway Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. 1800 Century Place, Suite 100 Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com 404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com