I s going to be any problem with the spousal Petition?

Asked about 1 year ago - Perth Amboy, NJ

my girl friend has a 30 days visa and i am going to marry her, here in the United before She leave

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No problem if she leaves and process her visa in the consulate after your petition is approved. That, of course, provided you are a USC or LPR.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Asma Warsi Chaudry

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you and your fiance get married within a short period after her entry into the US, then USCIS will argue that she had the intent to marry and stay in the US when she entered with her visa.

    If she entered with a visitor visa, they will argue that her stated intention at the time is in contradiction with her intention now.

    You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney immediately before taking any further steps.

    The information you obtained at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an... more
  3. Michael Hugh Carlin

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Are you a US Citizen? If you are a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, after you marry you could file an I-130 Petition. Whether or not there will be any problem is something that we cannot answer here. You should consult with an immigration attorney.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of... more
  4. Yolanda Navarrete

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Marrying her so soon after she entered with a tourist visa may cause difficulty. It would be better if she left and you petitioned her after she returned with a fiancé or marriage visa.

    973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely... more
  5. Eric M. Mark


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Maybe. More information is needed. Consult with a lawyer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,628 answers this week

3,159 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,628 answers this week

3,159 attorneys answering