Skip to main content

I ride a motorcycle and the driver behinds me fails to see me and I become injured what to do from there?

Lawrenceville, GA |

Let's say I end up breaking a leg and I'm not able to work.

Attorney Answers 10

  1. Depending on the circumstances, if someone should rear end you then you would make a claim with their insurance company and continue to treat. Hire a local personal injury attorney to handle your claim while you focus on getting better.

    Randy Sevenish is licensed to practice law in the State of Indiana. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship. Please speak with a local attorney to discuss your potential legal issue.

  2. Simple, contact a local and qualified personal injury litigation attorney asap. Good luck.

    Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

  3. If you were injured you should immediately seek medical care. Before you speak with anyone else about the accident you should consult with a personal injury attorney in your area.

  4. You should consult with a local, experienced personal injury attorney who can discuss your options with you and determine how much insurance is available to cover your damages, including medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, property damage, etc.

    The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action.

  5. You would then retain a personal injury lawyer if this was not merely a hypothetical.

  6. Get an attorney!

    View my website & call for a FREE consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

  7. Very important to document your loss. There are 2 claims: property damage and bodily injury. Property damage entails removal cost of the motorcycle, storage charge for it while the damage is assessed, repair to it, loss of use to it, diminished value. Bodily injury claim entails past and future medical expense, wage loss and diminished earning capacity, and pain and suffering. After you reach maximum medical improvements you would need to negotiate your claim with the at-fault's insurer. Above is a very very simple synopsis. Contact an experienced attorney who can explain your issues and concerns in details.

  8. Hire an attorney. You will pursue the other driver and his/her liability coverage. Also, depending on your state's law, you may have coverage under your motorcycle insurance policy; med pay or uninsured coverage.

  9. You need to continue your medical treatment and consult with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. I have over 20 years of experience and knowledge of representing my clients and getting them the settlements they deserve after serious injuries. Feel free to use the links provided to learn more about your options moving forward. Best of luck.
    (310) 207-4030

  10. Know and protect your legal rights if injured...consult with an attorney in your area.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics