Skip to main content

I revoked my probation due to getting arrested, but the case is still pending I have not been concivted

Sherman, TX |

I was wondering when I go before the judge would I have to do the remaining time in jail or can I have my lawyer file motion so I dont have to go to jail.

Also instead of me having to go to jail is their anyway I can have a lawyer file motion to squash it or take care of it so I dont have to go to jail. The case is pending I haven't been convicted yet, and the mtr was file 18mos ago and my current probation officer just informed me I have a warrant

Attorney Answers 1


First if i understand your situation, there is a warrant that a Judge issued based on the states Motion to Revoke your probation, alleging some violation (s) of the Judge's conditions.
You have the right to have a hearing and make the State prove your violations, which is limited to the Judge deciding whether to revoke your probation which is a suspended jail sentence and require you to serve a term in jail or prison depending on your charge and the length of probation.

Defense Attorney's can not squash, crush, quash, make disappear a warrant. They can however, help you prepare for the hearing and or negotiate the best possible outcome for you.

Providing general answers are meant to help the poster to understand some complex legal concepts and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees




Okay, so I will have to go to jail to clear the warrant, there is no way around that?



So If I have a few months left on probation will I have to finish that time in jail or what is the procedure, because my probation was revoked due to catching another case but I have not been convicted of anything yet so I was wondering how do I go about it



I was sentenced to 15yrs and they gave me 8 yrs on probation and just revoked it so I have 9mos left

Kathryn Mary Holton

Kathryn Mary Holton


Best to ask your lawyer , have virtual no idea without reviewing all the evidence.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics