I returned from our initial TOR / divorce Petition hearing and was granted additional time to consult counsel .

Arlington, TX |

The judge stated that the TOR is mutual until the next hearing and also stated that my wife should now allow me time to see our newborn as I've not been able to do for the past 3 weeks with the restraining order . She also mentioned that she's to give me her contact number and not rely on e - mail as being the primary means of communication . I asked in hallway when can I expect to hear from her to arrange to see the baby . She stated that she'll e - mail me and is still not willing to provide a phone number . Is she violating the order ? Also , what does the mutual temporary injunction do ?

With the Judge ordering that we communicate and I now be allowed to see my daughter and be allowed to retreive my personal things. Is the TRO still in effect?

1. You really need to schedule an appointment with a lawyer. Please feel free to call me.

2. I agree that you will need experienced legal counsel to work through this. You have been granted some rights by the Court, which it appears your wife is not recognizing. An attorney can help you work through these issues with your wife, and make sure you are not getting the short end of the stick. Best of luck to you.

There is no legal relationship created or implied by the exchange of messages or information on this website. All statements by me are offered as general guidance, but should not be considered in any way to be legal advice for you to act on without consultation with a licensed lawyer in your state. In all cases, an attorney should be retained to review the full circumstances and deliver advice consistent with the information and guidance offered on this site. Legal advice is ONLY offered by me in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

3. You need to engage a local family law attorney. Without seeing the judges order, your question cannot be properly answered. Don't waste any more time getting representation.

This answer is general information which does not establish any attorney-client relationship between the person asking a question and the person answering, or a duty to respond to ongoing questions; nor is it intended to replace competent legal assistance in the jurisdiction where the matter/issue arises or is before a Court.