I returned from our initial TOR / divorce Petition hearing and was granted additional time to consult counsel .

Asked over 1 year ago - Arlington, TX

The judge stated that the TOR is mutual until the next hearing and also stated that my wife should now allow me time to see our newborn as I've not been able to do for the past 3 weeks with the restraining order . She also mentioned that she's to give me her contact number and not rely on e - mail as being the primary means of communication . I asked in hallway when can I expect to hear from her to arrange to see the baby . She stated that she'll e - mail me and is still not willing to provide a phone number . Is she violating the order ? Also , what does the mutual temporary injunction do ?

Additional information

With the Judge ordering that we communicate and I now be allowed to see my daughter and be allowed to retreive my personal things. Is the TRO still in effect?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Raymond Ellis Daniel

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You really need to schedule an appointment with a lawyer. Please feel free to call me.

  2. Byron Keith Barclay

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree that you will need experienced legal counsel to work through this. You have been granted some rights by the Court, which it appears your wife is not recognizing. An attorney can help you work through these issues with your wife, and make sure you are not getting the short end of the stick. Best of luck to you.

    There is no legal relationship created or implied by the exchange of messages or information on this website. All... more
  3. Vicki Elaine Wiley

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . You need to engage a local family law attorney. Without seeing the judges order, your question cannot be properly answered. Don't waste any more time getting representation.

    This answer is general information which does not establish any attorney-client relationship between the person... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,482 answers this week

3,164 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,482 answers this week

3,164 attorneys answering