I resigned my position at Bk of America. Today they sent me a letter saying it was their fault but they over paid me.

Asked 5 months ago - Dallas, TX

I resigned due to stress. They canceled my benefits effective 1/24/14. They say they paid me for unearned vacation pay/sick pay. I am not working and do not feel I should need to pay them since it was their error.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Adam Kielich

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes, if you have been overpaid they have a right to recover the overpayment. If they underpaid you and they felt they should not have to pay you because of your error then you certainly would feel you were still owed wages for the time you worked.

  2. Steven John Clausen


    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . You will need to repay the amount of the overpayment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,222 answers this week

2,861 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,222 answers this week

2,861 attorneys answering