I resigned, Do I still have case?

Hi I gave a months notice at my job that I was resigning because of relocation with my spouse. My boss has created a hostile work environment for me. Especially as the resignation date came near. He verbally assaulted me the day before I resigned. I made a complaint to HR the same day. The complaint is still open and its been about 2 weeks and no clear answer from them. Do I have a case? Any information will help Thanks!

Bedford Park, IL -

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Mokena, IL

While there is a remote chance that you have a case, the verbal assault one day before you left your old job will probably not result in sufficient relief for you to pursue anything. You have moved on. The fact that your boss yelled at you the day before you left does not really rise to the level of a lawsuit. You would be wasting your time and possibly your money.

Paul Rutledge Durr III

Paul Rutledge Durr III

Tax Lawyer - Denver, CO

You still have a case, although you may not recover much in the way of damages. Hostile work environment discrimination cases are generally first filed with the Illinois Department of Human Rights, although county and local laws may also be violated. If you work for state or local government, you should go to the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

Christine C McCall

Christine C McCall

Administrative Law Lawyer - Pasadena, CA

What are your damages? Ya gotta have damages.

J. Richard Kulerski

J. Richard Kulerski

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Oak Brook, IL

I agree with attorneys Durr and Goldstein.