I reside in Florida I was recently terminated from Job because I was pregnant I would like to know if I have a potential case?

West Palm Beach, FL |

Hi, my name is Jasmine Roman I had recently just got terminated from my job because I was pregnant after getting let go I recently had a miscarriage. I would like to know if I have a potential case.

You may have a wrongful termination case. You have no claims for the miscarriage. Seek some legal advice from a labor and employment attorney.

The answers given are limited to the facts as given and presumed by the answer itself. Without seeing actual written documentation or having a conference to more fully explore the issues, this short answer has only limited application. Make sure to seek legal counsel and provide all documentation to get assistance in making informed legal choices.

Can you prove by evidence that the reason for your termination was your pregnancy? If so, get in to see a local experienced employment attorney SAP!

NOTHING SAID HERE IS LEGAL ADVICE! Read this notice BEFORE you contact me! My posts on Avvo in response to the public's questions are never offered as legal advice. Do not rely on any response posted by me as applicable to your specific problem or circumstances. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions - Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me or my law firm. My law firm does not provide free consultations. See http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/free-consultation-the-purposes-and-utility-of-free-for-potential-clients-and-for-attorneys for further details on that issue. Please do not call or email me with a “few questions.” I give advice, make recommendations, and answer specific questions only after reviewing the documentary record and other evidence applicable to a specific client, and only in the course of or following a conference with my client in which all of the relevant information can be identified and developed. AND I give legal advice ONLY in the course of an attorney-client relationship created and defined by a written contract for services, signed by my client and by me or a member of my firm, for which payment has been made. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; professional (State or federal licensing agency) discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic disputes involving universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We accept grievances, administrative claims, arbitrations, mediations, negotiations, and other non-litigation matters pertaining to employment, hospital and facility privileges, tenure, and contractual disputes. We conduct seminars and training in employment law for employers and union advocates, and in issues of professional/occupational licensing law for criminal defense attorneys. We accept NO contingency work, and we take no matters for which CCP discovery is applicable.

Mitchell Lloyd Feldman

Mitchell Lloyd Feldman

I agree that you should consult an employment attorney. However, you do not need to prove the reasons were because of your pregnancy at this stage. Go over the facts with an employment lawyer, as typically the employer is not going to directly tell you it is because of your pregnancy. If your employment was without a history of disclipline, and you annouce a pregnancy and things change where you are treated differently, then a question does arise if your pregnancy was a factor in any termination. Either way, consult a lawyer.