I requested to withdraw my I-130 petition for my ex spouse due to the marriage fraud committed, but have not heard from the

Asked about 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

USCIS yet even though it's been a month now. Should I write to the USCIS again and what could be the reason for their silence. We are now divorced and he's a holder of conditional green card, but I had a friend who was called by the USCIS to withdraw her I-130 as she found herself in a similar situation before while her husband had a conditional green card.

Could it be that my husband has written bull about me to secure his future I-751 and the USCIS is not taking me seriously with the request to withdraw my petition and to have the report in his file. I don't know what to think because of the silence by the USCIS.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

9

Answered . You can only report, the government will decide whether to come back to you.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

5

Answered . Sorry, it is too late to withdraw the I-130 ... it is also too late to withdraw the I-864.

Meet with an immigration lawyer to learn of your long-range obligations.

Unfortunately, CIS/ICE receive literally 'tons' of 'bad marriage' letters ... they rarely investigate, unless it is part of an organized marriage fraud ring. Sorry.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

3

Answered . You have done your part by letting the Department know your thoughts. Since you are divorced, your spouse will file the I-751 seeking waiver of joint filing. Depends on the paperwork he presents to show the bona fides, the Department may/ may not take your letter seriously as in most divorce cases, parties are bitter and USCIS get these letters all the time.

4. Ji Min Kim

Pro

4

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Look at the bright side. You did not sign his condition removal petition.

5. Anthony Emeka Nze Nwosu

3

Answered . To late to do any thing, sorry!