I requested ADA accommodation, the employers form to doctor is for a Physical Capacity Evaluation. Must I go to a Work Clinic?

Seattle, WA |

Does my doctor have to use the employers form? She is Family Med, not an Occupational Doctor. She has called work clinic and they say private insurance won't cover a Physical Capacity Evaluation. This is not an L&I claim.
I'm disabled. Can't she say it her own way on her letterhead?
This is a big national corporation, I expect intimidation. I called the EEOC to ask, but they hung up after I held 2 hours. I would appreciate your advice.

Fibromyalgia is the disability, for accommodation: decrease repetitive motions, decrease time sitting in chair, and increase rest periods. I keyboard and use the mouse, I am a customer service representative for the last 13 to 14 years; I have been a part time employee with this company the last 16.5 years. The new boss has decided that I am now a full time employee. After the L&I claim 13 years ago I transferred to Cust Svc and worked Tues, Thurs, Sat schedule. That was an informal accommodation for the fibromyalgia.

Yes, your doctor can say it any way she wants on her letterhead. The Company then has to engage in the interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be made. That much is clear.
What's unclear from your question is what accommodation you are seeking. That is probably a critical piece of the puzzle.
-Alex J. Higgins