I represent some investors in China that are seeking investments in California via the USCIS EB5 green card program.

If you are an attorney who represents investments under the EB5 program, I would be interested in speaking with you. I am a New York attorney who represents Chinese (PRC) and Taiwanese investors seeking to take advantage of the program. I travel to LA frequently and am interested in creating relationships with interested California attorneys.

It sounds as if your clients are looking for actual businesses that qualify for EB5 ($1,000,000 investment [$500,000 in certain depressed areas], 10 full time employees, etc.). The investors probably have their preferences as to what type of business to start or to buy into. A business broker would be a good source for the various actual businesses but the broker should work with the attorney or at least be told the requirements for EB5.

Harry N. Konst

Harry N. Konst

Yes, Lee, I'm looking for the actual investments, but I seem to spend a lot of time with brokers. Whereas, attorneys are more to the point because they are usually not paid on contingency.

I'm a business broker who's helped EB-5 investors bring money into the US for the past 8 years and have so far helped 43 investors buy / start up businesses to qualify for EB-5 visa under Direct Investment category. If interested, check out my website www.smartbusinessbroker.com

The EB5's are filed nationally, not locally, so an attorney anywhere in the U.S. should suffice. Yes, we do them.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

As the other attorney mentioned, the location of the immigration attorney is irrelevant.

I have done EB-5 visas and continue to do them.

Capriotti International Law
www.capriotti.com
franco@capriotti.com
1-503-803-0055
SKYPE 3-WAY VIDEO AVAILABLE

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Harry N. Konst

Harry N. Konst

Yes, but I should clarify. We seek the business opportunity and prefer to deal with the attorney involved.

My colleague Rana Jazayerli handles such matters and can assist:

http://www.dilworthlaw.com/Lawyers/RanaJazayerli

The foregoing is not legal advice nor is it in any manner whatsoever meant to create or impute an attorney/client relationship.

My friend Kevin Crabtree called my attention to this page. I have been filing I 526 's. moreover, check out www.sfbarc.com

Robert V Cornish Jr.

Robert V Cornish Jr.

There are numerous regional centers throughout the USA and other means by which you can locate opportunities.

Harry N. Konst

Harry N. Konst

Thanks Robert. The ones I'm involved with are direct investments.

Robert V Cornish Jr.

Robert V Cornish Jr.

Rana handles those as well.

My colleague Eugene Wong does EB5 cases.

http://www.eugenewong.com/contact/index.html