I reported spouse's marriage fraud to immigration the other day and would like to know if it will affect her status when

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

she tries to remove her i-751 because I kicked her out shortly after she received her 2-year green card ( a few weeks after) as her fraud became obvious to me. Now we are divorced and her green card expires at the end of this year I think. Since we did not live together after she received her 2-year status because of kicking her out and filing for divorce, she does not have any documentation to prove a good faith marriage and that she lived with me during the 2-year period. I would like to know what she would expect in her case now when filing for i-751.

Moreover, I am not sure what type of green cards are available there besides marriage one, but is she able to petition for some other form of green card by any chance. Will she be able to marry someone else and at least get another green

once again through marriage. At this point I am wondering more if she can find another type of green card option to file if she does not file for her current i-751. I am not sure how this works, but would like to see if she has a chance removing her condition through our marriage green card if she does not have anything to show for in terms of documents. I guess what she can show is the marriage certificate and the divorce decree, but I already sent them the divorce decree with my fraud report and we obviously sent our marriage certificate when we were petitioning for the green card, so I am not sure if they would care for another marriage certificate from her.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

1

Answered . depends entirely on the amount of weight USCIS will give to your information.

2. Sasha O. Lazarevich-Sinnott

4

Answered . All you can do is report something. However, it is up to USCIS to determine whether they want to act on this information and when they will do it. None of us can tell you what they will do, if anything, and when that would happen.

3. Irene Vaisman

4

Answered . All depends. We can't predict what cis will or will not do.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.