I rent in a low income apartments and my boyfriend with a past lives with me . do i have to give his information? bf doesnt want

Asked almost 3 years ago - San Diego, CA

to be in lease

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Melanie MacMichael Butler

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . The landlord has a right to require every occupant of the apartment over the age of 18 to submit an application prior to moving in (or after they have been discovered living in the premises). Should the landlord request your boyfriend submit an application or provide basic information about himself and he refuses, the landlord may evict him as an unauthorized occupant and potentially evict you for housing an unauthorized occupant if it is in breach of your lease agreement.

    This response is for informational purposes only and does not form an attorney-client relationship. It represents... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,551 answers this week

3,293 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,551 answers this week

3,293 attorneys answering