I rent a apartment and also pay rent every last Wednesday of the month but the thing is he always pissing me off complaining

Fall River, MA |

Example..
Can't wash clothes at 7:00 pm..
Can't walk into my house at anytime I want..
I had my girlfriend over with her sister's kid. We were watching her she was crying at night and he came up to the 3rd floor and said were to loud..
He blames me for everything. Also.

What's the question?

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

Can he do that? And what's my rights?

I am not quite sure what your question may be. Generally, the tenant has the right to full and exclusive use of the rented premises. Therefore, the rules that the landlord is trying to enforce may be a violation of your tenant's right of quiet enjoyment of the rented premises.

Please detail some specific questions and you may be able to alter the present state of living at the apartment.

Can he do that? And what's my rights?

Christopher McHallam

Christopher McHallam

It depends upon what the landlord is trying to accomplish. Some rules which preserve and protect the convenience and peace of a building are permissible. Rules that limit a tenants use of the property may not be. More detailed is required.

Is "he" your landlord?

If he's entering the apartment without your permission, you may have a cause of action under MGL 186 s14 or s15B. You should contact an attorney.

Do you want accurate, personalized, legal advice that you can rely on? You will have to hire an attorney, not ask on Avvo. I am not your attorney and am not creating an attorney-client relationship by this post. I am therefore giving only general advice. This advice may not apply to you or your situation; may not take account of all possibilities, and may not match the advice I would give to a client. DO NOT rely on this advice or any other advice on Avvo to make your legal decisions. If you want an answer to a legal question you should retain an attorney who is licensed in your state.

Can he do that? And what's my rights?

It sounds like you and your landlord have a challenging relationship. It can be difficult living in an owner-occupied building. It sounds like you are interested in terminating the tenancy, but there is no real question here.

Christopher Vaughn-Martel is a Massachusetts lawyer with the firm of Vaughn-Martel Law in Boston, Massachusetts. All answers are based on generalized Massachusetts law and the limited facts presented by the questioner. All answers are provided to the general public for educational purposes only and no attorney-client relationship is formed by providing an answer to a question. If you would like an attorney with Vaughn-Martel Law to review your specific situation and provide you with legal options or information specific to you, you may schedule a telephone or office by calling 617-357-4898 or visiting us at www.vaughnmartel.com. Our office charges $100.00 for a consultation, and applies your consultation fee to your first bill if the Firm is hired to perform further work.

Can he do that? And what's my rights?

Christopher W. Vaughn-Martel

Christopher W. Vaughn-Martel

Can he? Yes. Is it legal for him to do so? Maybe. Might his conduct violate your right to the peaceful use and enjoyment of your apartment? Maybe. It is not black or white, and may depend to some extent on the totality of all circumstances. If you want to explore whether a claim can be mounted, you will need to talk to an attorney.