I recieved an email from a unknown lady saying she wants to add me to her will but i dont know if this a scam or not. but i have

Roseville, MI |
Filed under: Wills

attorney Mark Roland@rogers.com. I want to know if he is a real attorney or is this a scam

1. I don't see a Mark Roland listed on the directory of attorneys for Michigan. Maybe he is an attorney in another state. However, I think your suspicions are steering you the right way. I think you should ask yourself whether you think someone you don't know will give you a free inheritance, or whether you think it's more likely a scam. If they are asking you to provide social security number or something, I would stop talking to them.

2. When something sounds too good to be true, it tends to be too good to be true. Tread very carefully with this, as unsolicited emails from strangers promising money tend to have a bad reputation.

This communication is neither a solicitation nor an offer to represent you. The information provided to you in this communication is not intended to create and does not create a lawyer-client relationship with the Law Office of Daniel A. Jimenez P.C.

3. It is a known scam.

4. I too would be very suspicious. If you wish you can engage my offices or another attorney to investigate if you are not capable of doing so yourself. I would suspect, but cannot be sure, that you would be wasting your money. As previously answered by my fellow attorney, Mark Roland, at that email, does not appear to practice in Michigan.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, please call myself or another attorney for your choice with more detaiils and an appointment. My PRELIMINARY answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement, which will generally require payment for our services, as this is what we do for a living and, just like you, we must get paid for our work.. .

5. General rule is that if something seems too good to be true, it generally is.

The response to the inquiry posted does not constitute an attorney-client relationship between the parties and nor should it be taken as legal advice. The respondant should contact an independent attorney to obtain legal advice specifically pertaining to their situation.

Wills and estates topics