I recieved a traffic ticket for AUO3rd. I have two other tickets from 4yrs.ago i forgot about.

Canandaigua, NY |

i recieved a ticket for AUO3rd. I forgot i had two other tickets from 4yrs.ago.(traffic also). I am to appear in court in two days, what are my options and what or how should i handle this situation? I DONT want to go to jail.

thanks for your response. But the other tickets were for driveing on a suspended liscense and no adeiquate plate lamp. Can i call the court and get a postponment for one month so i can get the other tickets paid?

You should clean up your older suspension (preferably before your court date). Most judges will require that your suspensions be lifted before they will resolve an AUO3rd case. If this is a first offense, an experienced NY traffic ticket lawyer or criminal lawyer should be able to get this reduced to a non-criminal result.

Matthew Weiss, Esq. Weiss & Associates, PC 212-683-7373 www.nytrafficticket.com Since 1991, we make fighting traffic tickets as easy as possible.

2. Clear the tickets that were not answered and bring an attorney to handle the criminal charge.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

3. In your case it would be more expensive to handle this yourself.

This is not legal advice. If order to give you legal advice i would need to see the Tickets and talk to the court first. Good luck:)

4. You have received excellent answers from the attorneys who responded. As an experienced Vehicle and traffic Attorney I can tell you to follow the advice offered to you. Clear up your suspensions either by paying fines or entering not guilty pleas and posting bonds to get new dates thereby lifting existing suspensions prior to appearing in court. Before entering any pleas consult with counsel first to make sure that you are not entering guilty pleas to a charhe that can take you off the road such as Uninsured , a third speed, or an offense that will take you to 11 points or more. Good luck, Harold Dee

Traffic tickets topics