I recieved a speeding ticket 85 in a 65 mph. The officer put the wrong court date. Will they dismiss it?

Asked about 4 years ago - Clarkesville, GA

I have only had 1 out of state speeding ticket about 6 yrs ago and no other tickets or points at all. I was clocked going 85 in a 65 on Ga 365. I didnt see the evidence of that though. He gave me a ticket with the wrong court date on it. He put the date for a Sat. I called to make sure but the fine is $180.00 and I want to see if they will reduce it. Do I have a chance?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. John Story Morgan

    Contributor Level 6

    Answered . This is called a scribner's error and can be corrected by the officer or prosecutor in court. It will not automatically result in a dismissal. You always have a chance to have the speed reduced but it depends on the facts and circumstances of your case as well as your past driving history.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,014 answers this week

3,051 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,014 answers this week

3,051 attorneys answering