I recieved a PI in one county, while on deferred disposition for a MIC in different county. Will the original court find out?

Plano, TX |

I realize this violates my defered disposition for the first offense, and I realize I am supposed to notify the court of this. But would the court find out about the second offense if I did not inform them?

Not automatically, but you may have to sign a sworn statement (under penalty of perjury) at the end of your deferral period swearing that you have not been arrested during that time. And, if you were to get arrested again, the chances of the first court finding out go way up.

This answer is intended to be taken as general information and not as specific legal advice. You should always consult a qualified attorney and make him familiar with all the relevant facts in order to get proper legal advice. Every case is different, and they must be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. David N. Smith 812 W. 11th Street, Suite 201 Austin TX 78701 (512) 457-0100 defenseattorneysmith.com