I recieved a letter from a creditor yesterday collecting from 7 years ago. Can they still come after me for this?

Asked over 2 years ago - Seattle, WA

Account opened in 2005, made payments in 2008, hasn't been on any credit report ever.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Tim L Eblen

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Making a voluntary payment does renew the applicable statute of limitations for debt in Washington.

    We would need to know the nature of this debt to determine the right statute of limitations. Most consumer debts are based on contract, and have a 6 year statute of limitations.

    Best of luck,

  2. Lucius James Wallace

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need a consumer lawyer in WA which you can find at www.naca.net. They will be able to advise you of the applicable statute of limiations which may or may not have renewed with your payments in 2008.

    You may contact Luke Wallace at Humphreys Wallace Humphreys P.C. at 918-747-5300 or Luke@HWH-LAW.com. For more... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,136 answers this week

3,339 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,136 answers this week

3,339 attorneys answering