Skip to main content

I recieved a entry level seperation in 2010 from the army with a re 3 code. Can I get back in?

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: Military law

I was dishcharged for depression. I have never been diagnosed for depression in the civilian world or have any history invloving it. I went to a psychiatrist to get a evaluation to prove that I'm not suffering from anything. I am at this point getting chararcter references to back up it up.recruiters have not been very helpful and there superiors usally tell them to forget about it. If it does get up the chain Is there any legal recourse if they deny me for a waiver when I am In fact capable for military service. I understand they are picky right now too

Attorney Answers 3

  1. If you get a waiver maybe.;; 703-298-9562, 800-401-1583. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

  2. Depends in facts not posted, but odds are NOzt in your favor. See your recruiter, he or she knows far more about your reenlist meant options.

    READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

  3. The RE 3 code would require a waiver to reenlist. The fact that there is a military drawdown under way your chance of reenlistment is low. If military service is a priority then you may consider trying to petition for an upgrade on your RE code with the applicable military discharge board.

Military law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics