I recieved a entry level seperation in 2010 from the army with a re 3 code. Can I get back in?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I was dishcharged for depression. I have never been diagnosed for depression in the civilian world or have any history invloving it. I went to a psychiatrist to get a evaluation to prove that I'm not suffering from anything. I am at this point getting chararcter references to back up it up.recruiters have not been very helpful and there superiors usally tell them to forget about it. If it does get up the chain Is there any legal recourse if they deny me for a waiver when I am In fact capable for military service. I understand they are picky right now too

1. Gerald Richard Healy

Pro

3

1

Answered . The RE 3 code would require a waiver to reenlist. The fact that there is a military drawdown under way your chance of reenlistment is low. If military service is a priority then you may consider trying to petition for an upgrade on your RE code with the applicable military discharge board.

2. Philip Douglas Cave

Pro

3

Answered . If you get a waiver maybe.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . Depends in facts not posted, but odds are NOzt in your favor. See your recruiter, he or she knows far more about your reenlist meant options.