I recieved a camera ticket in tucson AZ for speeding by mail to florida address what are my options do I have a legal defense

Asked about 2 years ago - Tucson, AZ

I recieved a camera ticket in tucson AZ for speeding by mail to florida home address what are my options do I have a legal defense because / Do I have to be served in person or pulled over by a policeman / the camera could be faulty?
Will this effect my florida license with points if I just pay the ticket
do you have attorneys in Tucson that can answer my questions
thank You
Tom

1. C. Andrew Campbell

Best Answer

Answered . Ordinarily the notices sent from Arizona actually state whether or not the mailing is effective as service. If the mailed notice is not service it would ordinarily say something to the extent of if you do not respond to the notice and you are personally served that you will be responsible for the costs of service. Also, in Arizona you can ordinarily attend traffic school (online schools and programs are available) and attendance at traffic school will result in the dismissal of the citation. There are some exceptions depending on the severity of the offense, but most speeding citations would allow traffic school. Traffic school would not result in a conviction or finding of responsibility, thus in Arizona no points would go against your record. Good luck.

2. Michael Aaron Neufeld

1

Answered . You should talk to a lawyer about this, you would need to talk to a florida lawyer about florida point accumulatiuon and an AZ lawyer who knows the rules of the city the ticket was issued from and there practices.

3. Robert Edward Pugh

1

Answered . Generally, each state and even each county within any given state can establish their own rules for the monitoring and issuing of tickets via camera systems. Most of these tickets are sent via mail and do not have to be served personally. However, since each state's law can differ on the specifics you would be best advised to consult with an experienced traffic violation attorney in Arizona.