Skip to main content

I recieved a camera ticket in tucson AZ for speeding by mail to florida address what are my options do I have a legal defense

Tucson, AZ |

I recieved a camera ticket in tucson AZ for speeding by mail to florida home address what are my options do I have a legal defense because / Do I have to be served in person or pulled over by a policeman / the camera could be faulty?
Will this effect my florida license with points if I just pay the ticket
do you have attorneys in Tucson that can answer my questions
thank You

Attorney Answers 3


Ordinarily the notices sent from Arizona actually state whether or not the mailing is effective as service. If the mailed notice is not service it would ordinarily say something to the extent of if you do not respond to the notice and you are personally served that you will be responsible for the costs of service. Also, in Arizona you can ordinarily attend traffic school (online schools and programs are available) and attendance at traffic school will result in the dismissal of the citation. There are some exceptions depending on the severity of the offense, but most speeding citations would allow traffic school. Traffic school would not result in a conviction or finding of responsibility, thus in Arizona no points would go against your record. Good luck.

This information is provided for general informational purposes and is not intended as legal advice. An attorney licensed in your jurisdiction can answer questions specific to your specific fact situation and provide you appropriate advice as necessary based on the specific facts of your matter and the jurisdiction in which you reside.

Mark as helpful


Generally, each state and even each county within any given state can establish their own rules for the monitoring and issuing of tickets via camera systems. Most of these tickets are sent via mail and do not have to be served personally. However, since each state's law can differ on the specifics you would be best advised to consult with an experienced traffic violation attorney in Arizona.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


You should talk to a lawyer about this, you would need to talk to a florida lawyer about florida point accumulatiuon and an AZ lawyer who knows the rules of the city the ticket was issued from and there practices.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Traffic tickets topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics