I recieve welfare and their asking me for a checkstub or proof that my ex bf was working at but hes never worker during the time

Asked about 1 year ago - Bakersfield, CA

Hat can i do because he doesnt wanna file for identity theft or do anything about it and they want to cut my cash-aid for that reason

1. Daphne Lori Macklin

1

Answered . You need to contact your local LSC-funded legal assistance program as soon as possible. While your question is unclear, my sense is that you need to speak with an attorney with a background in public benefits law as soon as possible. You should also be very careful not to discuss this matter with anyone who is not an attorney who has been retained to assist you as you may be at risk of welfare fraud charges. Be very careful.

This is not a substitute for a consultation with an attorney with a background in welfare law.
  2. Stephen Ross Cohen

Answered . Also have your BF talk to an immigration attorney, I smell a problem here