I recieve welfare and their asking me for a checkstub or proof that my ex bf was working at but hes never worker during the time

Bakersfield, CA |

Hat can i do because he doesnt wanna file for identity theft or do anything about it and they want to cut my cash-aid for that reason

1. You need to contact your local LSC-funded legal assistance program as soon as possible. While your question is unclear, my sense is that you need to speak with an attorney with a background in public benefits law as soon as possible. You should also be very careful not to discuss this matter with anyone who is not an attorney who has been retained to assist you as you may be at risk of welfare fraud charges. Be very careful.

This is not a substitute for a consultation with an attorney with a background in welfare law.

2. Also have your BF talk to an immigration attorney, I smell a problem here

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced 39+ yrs. I can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practicein Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. I give only appointments over the phone., these services do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ and I would appreciate it if you feel like marking my answers helpful or best. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are court documents , less expensive.