I recently went to court for obstruction to retaliation of my twins probation officer . . i have a court appointed lawyer

Killeen, TX |

who i have been telling all along i was innocent i was supposed to went back to court on Feb but went on Feb . . . my lawyer pressured me to say i was guilty otherwise we would have went to jury trial Feb 25 . . . i feel that vie been railroaded my lawyers states to much time have went by and we need to get this matter dealt with . . . i have a previous record and i was told who are they going to believe a person with a record or one without

1. While it is true that defendants with records are almost always not very credible to prosecutors, that is not always the case.

I have found over many, many years doing criminal law that it is the evidence that drives a case.

If you believe that you were "railroaded", may I suggest that you consult a different criminal defense lawyer. First visits with criminal defense lawyers are almost always at no charge.

Time is of the essence, because there is a deadline to file a motion for a new trial, and if appeal and motion for new trial were waived at the time of your plea, that also would need to be addressed. The standard rule is that a notice of appeal or motion for new trial must be filed within 30 days of the court pronouncing sentence in open court. But, for a lawyer to assist you, he or she would most likely need a few days to work on your case before filing anything. So, if you are going to take action, you need to speak with a new lawyer NOW...like, call the new lawyer for an appointment TODAY.

One good lawyer in your area is Evan Stubbs over in Lampasas. Another is Richard Davis over in Burnet.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

2. Buyer's remorse is a tough thing for a defendant who has already pled. You signed paperwork stating you were entering your plea freely and voluntarily and waived your right to appeal. All that being said, these things can sometimes be undone. Contact another defense attorney in you area to see what your options are.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

3. Have you been sentenced? If not then you could request to withdraw your guilty plea. Bell county judges rarely grant this request. You would need to do it quickly.

Bobby Barina's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Mr. Barina offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call his office at 254-699-3755 to make an appointment or visit his website at www.bobbybarina.com for more information about his services.