Skip to main content

I recently went through surgery for my foot and days later the pain increasingly got stronger so i went back and asked for more

Newark, NJ |

I recently went through surgery for my foot and days later the pain increasingly got stronger so i went back and asked for pain medicine and was denied it because the doctor told me that it was normal and that in a year it would be healed, but then my doctor placed a medal piece inside my foot which causes my pace in walking to slow down and sometimes I cant even get up without being in crucial pain. I'm seeking lawful advise to see what should i do ? I already asked a second opinion in the medical field and my result was that the piece of medal was not suppose to be there. I'm in need of assistance and advice.

Attorney Answers 7

  1. Seek the advice of a medical malpractice attorney immediately. Most attorneys, including myself, will give you an initial consultation without charge. You will be better able to assess your chances for a favorable outcome after that consultation. Also, please be sure to document thoroughly. That will improve your odds as well. Best of luck.

    This is only an Avvo answer. I am not getting paid to give this response and am basing this response only on the information provided to me in the above question.

  2. My suggestion is you speak to an experienced medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible, it takes a great deal of time and effort to obtain all of the medical records and determine if you have a cause of action.

    The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.

  3. You need an attorney that has litigated podiatric malpractice cases. Podiatry is a legitimate specialty. In my experience, well trained podiatric surgeons are a rarity. As one of them told me, "the eye sees what the mind knows" and many doctors, even podiatrist, do not have the specialized training.

    Note: With a staff of 30 at our headquarters and affiliated attorneys and experts around the country, we use a team-oriented approach and consider any comments here as strictly preliminary - not a substitute for a lawyer's investigation and analysis, which are required for final decisions about the particular rights involved. For urgent questions, please call (917) 226-6405. NOVO LAW FIRM, PC 299 Broadway, 17th floor New York, NY 10007 Tel. (212) 233-6686

  4. It certainly sounds as if the second doctor is signaling malpractice by the first doctor. Your best course of action is to seek a free consultation with a New Jersey Supreme Court Certified Civil Trial Attorney who handles medical malpractice cases on a regular basis and has been AV rated by Martindale Hubbell, the oldest and most respected attorney rating organization in the nation.

  5. In my career the one specialty that seems to always criticize each other are podiatrists. Ask your current podiatrist if the one Dr deviated from accepted standards of care, and if so, go to a local malpractice attorney. It may be a bit too early to tell whether you have permanent damages, but I would at least try to discuss with an attorney as soon as you can.

  6. Have a local Newark malpractice lawyer order your medical records to investigate.

  7. Consult with a medical malpractice attorney ASAP

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics