I recently was denied my Florida concealed carry permit and dont know what to do. 25 years ago I was charged in New Jersey with

Asked over 1 year ago - Apopka, FL

25 years ago I was charged in NJ w/ possesion of Cocaine, I missed the court date. I was the picked up in NC for failure to appear in NJ and was extradited back. Went to court and recieved a fine. The Fl Dept of Agriculture said teh wanted a certified notice from NC saying the charge has been addressed and my gun rights restored. The problem is there is no charge in NC and they cant and wont give me anything. I sent all the original paper worked to FL Dept agric. original charges in N, the magistrates order in North Carolina and then the out come of court hearing in New Jersey. and all the emails from North Carolina explaining they dont have anything. the Legal Dept of FL Dept of Agriculture is still denying, but I am not sure why. they have not told me what else they want me to supply. pl

There is no actual charge in North Carolina which is what FL dept of Agr wants me to address. The run around has been crazy, I immediately responded to there request with all the papers work I had, gave them my Phone #s, emails and the #'s for contacting North Carolina...no response. I called and spoke to legal dept, and they first told me some on accidently put some one elses FBI paper work in my folder, they corrected that, but still never sent me a letter about anything. I called again and they said lawyers reviewed again and agree with denial...but they never explained why legal is denying to begin with... I asked if teh lawyer could call me, because they wont let me speak to them. They said they would ask but they are busy so probably not, and that I would probably have to ask for a informal hearing.... but I dont know for what....

1. Dale Christopher Carson

4

Answered . If the charges all arose out of NJ, it makes sense that NC would not have anything. An arrest and extradition is not important, what matters is the outcome of the NJ cases. I would suggest giving Jon Gutmacher a call. He is an attorney in/around Orlando and is regarded as an authority on all things firearms related. I would start there if I were you, because dealing with all the bureaucratic red tape can be a huge pain.

2. William David Umansky

Pro

4

Answered . contact Jon Gutmacher in Orlando. He is the guru of concealed weapons, gun laws etc.

3. Mark H Randall

Pro

3

Answered . There is always resistance to these applicaions if one has any sort of record. They will try to wear you down and hope you will give up. Its the government!