I recently was caught with internal theft working at Target. They said they would contact me but it's a month. What do I do?

San Jose, CA |

HR made me sign a paper to admit that I caused it, and made me sign a paper saying I would pay for the shortage. They said they will mail me payment instructions and my payment is due in 30 days. I also signed a paper saying that if I paid for the shortage they will not take legal action. They then let me go and said someone from Target will call me in about two weeks. It's been 4 weeks and I have received no phone call nor any mail from Target about payment instructions and it is almost up to the date where my payment is due. Do I just continue waiting or should I contact Target?

You may want to make a courtesy call stating that you are awaiting A correspondence from them and you did not receive anything. Without making any further admissions you can also send an email to the same effect.

you are going to have to wait and see what happens.

Consult with a criminal defense lawyer. There are some excellent attorneys in your area. Good luck!