I recently was caught with internal theft working at Target. They said they would contact me but it's a month. What do I do?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Jose, CA

HR made me sign a paper to admit that I caused it, and made me sign a paper saying I would pay for the shortage. They said they will mail me payment instructions and my payment is due in 30 days. I also signed a paper saying that if I paid for the shortage they will not take legal action. They then let me go and said someone from Target will call me in about two weeks. It's been 4 weeks and I have received no phone call nor any mail from Target about payment instructions and it is almost up to the date where my payment is due. Do I just continue waiting or should I contact Target?

1. Pius Joseph

Pro

6

Best Answer

Answered . You may want to make a courtesy call stating that you are awaiting A correspondence from them and you did not receive anything. Without making any further admissions you can also send an email to the same effect.

2. Kevin Samuel Sullivan

Pro

2

Answered . you are going to have to wait and see what happens.

3. Carmine John Giardino

3

Answered . Consult with a criminal defense lawyer. There are some excellent attorneys in your area. Good luck!