I recently replaced 8 veneers; the initial appt was to remove existing, make impression & have temp veneers put on.

Asked about 1 year ago - Cumming, GA

Within 1week I had to have the impression redone; the Lab was not satisfied. Another temporary set of veneers was provided. From that day forward I was at the dentist office 1 -2 times a week to have the temporary veneers recemented. This continued for 3+weeks. The actual veneers were applied; within 1week one of the permanent veneers pops off. This has been the most unpleasant experience I have ever encountered at any medical facility. Do I have any rights to a full or partial refund? Or at the least the out pocket expense for the Nitro?

Ps. I received my first set of veneers in 1992 without any issues for more than 20yrs

1. Jack C. Helgesen

Pro

3

Answered . Because of the expenses involved in pursuing a malpractice action, most malpractice lawyers do not take dental cases. You should call a consumer lawyer in your state to see if you have a refund coming under Georgia consumer statutes. You may be able to get your money back plus attorneys fees.
    You should be able to find a lawyer in your area who will give you a free consultation. Free consultations are a good way to get advice without paying for it.

2. Fareesh S. Sarangi

Pro

1

Answered . I'm sorry for what you have had to endure, and while I don't intend to minimize what you have been through, I will echo what others have said. As a medical malpractice attorney, I front the costs of my clients' litigation. In cases like this, I would pay to have an "expert" dentist review all of your records and treatment at a cost of several hundred dollars per hour. Then there are litigation expenses, including having to pay to depose the negligent dentist's "experts" at whatever their hourly billing rate is. Without even taking into account the attorney's time, there is several thousand dollars invested in any medical/dental malpractice case and the economics of that model requires any case to have strong damages. While you were certainly harmed, and the case means a lot to you, from a jury standpoint, it is unlikely to be a large award, especially in a conservative venue like Forsyth. Whatever money you might be awarded would go to cover the litigation expenses and attorneys' fees.

i wish it were different, and I wish people like yourself had better options to achieve justice, but at the end of the day, unless there were serious complications or permanent damage, these are very difficult cases to take. I do wish you all the best, and I would certainly follow others' advice in seeking a sympathetic practitioner who may be able to remedy the situation at a reasonable price.

3. Josh P Tolin

2

Answered . My suggestion is to get an opinion of another dentist that does veneers. Malpractice cases are very expensive to pursue, so that is probably not your best route since it will be difficult to obtain an attorney with no permanent damages. If you don't think your current dentist can finish the job properly, go to someone who can. Getting a refund might be hard, but if you are fortunate to have another dentist be kind enough to help and indicate what was done wrong, then you might get lucky. Usually doctors don't like getting involved in other peoples messes, but I wish you luck.