I recently received a traffic ticket for failing to stop at a pedestrian crosswalk. How do I avoid a conviction on record?

San Leandro, CA |

This is my first traffic ticket and I don't want it to taint my driving record or job prospects.

1. Well, the only way is to win at trial. Can you argue that you really did stop? Can you argue that the crosswalk was improperly placed? Can you argue that the police officer's viewpoint was unreliable? Without knowing the facts of the case, it is tough to tell you how to go about trial. You may be very smart to hire a traffic ticket attorney to help you in trial.

2. You would either need to fight the ticket, go to trial and be found not guilty, or attend traffic school which hide the point from your record. You are eligible for traffic school if you have not gone in last 18 months which sounds like you have not.

3. You can fight and hopefully win at trial ; or go to traffic school. This will keep point off your record.

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY

Traffic tickets topics