I recently received a traffic ticket for failing to stop at a pedestrian crosswalk. How do I avoid a conviction on record?

Asked 8 months ago - San Leandro, CA

This is my first traffic ticket and I don't want it to taint my driving record or job prospects.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Greg Thomas Hill

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Well, the only way is to win at trial. Can you argue that you really did stop? Can you argue that the crosswalk was improperly placed? Can you argue that the police officer's viewpoint was unreliable? Without knowing the facts of the case, it is tough to tell you how to go about trial. You may be very smart to hire a traffic ticket attorney to help you in trial.

  2. William Mathew Concidine


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You would either need to fight the ticket, go to trial and be found not guilty, or attend traffic school which hide the point from your record. You are eligible for traffic school if you have not gone in last 18 months which sounds like you have not.

  3. Andrew Stephen Roberts


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You can fight and hopefully win at trial ; or go to traffic school. This will keep point off your record.


Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,331 answers this week

3,014 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,331 answers this week

3,014 attorneys answering