I recently received a ticket from an officer at LAX for running a red light. I did not see the light, nor could I argue with the

Riverside, CA |

officer. To make matters worse, I did not have the most updated insurance card so I also recieved a no proof of insurance ticket. I called my insurance company and they sent me temporary insurance cards, as well as, a letter stating I had insurance at the time of the ticket. I just called the courthouse today to schedule a court date. Will this ticket be dropped if i show proof of insurance?

1. The proof of insurance ticket will be dropped if you show you had insurance at the time of the violation. Make sure that your documents unambiguously show that you were covered on the date of the citation. Not seeing the light isn't a defense to running one, but you might have other defenses available.

Best,

Nicholas M. Loncar, Esq.
    t. 323.803.4352 | f. 323.617.3838
    www.iDefendLosAngeles.com
    Nicholas.Loncar@iDefendLosAngeles.com
    Sunset Law Building | 1295 W. Sunset Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA | 90026

2. If you have the time, set it for trial. Cop may not show.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

3. The ticket for no proof of insurance should be dropped if you have the proper documentation. The red light ticket may be dropped if the officer fails to appear. If the officer does appear the court may work with you, i.e. traffic school, or no points on your record, etc. Good luck.

www.YourCriminalDefenseLawyer.com
    for Fairness / for Freedom
    (800) 409-7010

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

4. Get an attorney to fight this ticket for you. The Proof of Insurance is correctable- the red light ticket is a point violation.

Andrew Roberts
    (818) 597-0633

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777