I recently received a ticket from an officer at LAX for running a red light. I did not see the light, nor could I argue with the

Asked about 1 year ago - Riverside, CA

officer. To make matters worse, I did not have the most updated insurance card so I also recieved a no proof of insurance ticket. I called my insurance company and they sent me temporary insurance cards, as well as, a letter stating I had insurance at the time of the ticket. I just called the courthouse today to schedule a court date. Will this ticket be dropped if i show proof of insurance?

1. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

4

Answered . If you have the time, set it for trial. Cop may not show.

2. Nicholas Milan Loncar

Pro

2

Answered . The proof of insurance ticket will be dropped if you show you had insurance at the time of the violation. Make sure that your documents unambiguously show that you were covered on the date of the citation. Not seeing the light isn't a defense to running one, but you might have other defenses available.

Best,

Nicholas M. Loncar, Esq.
    t. 323.803.4352 | f. 323.617.3838
    www.iDefendLosAngeles.com
    Nicholas.Loncar@iDefendLosAngeles.com
    Sunset Law Building | 1295 W. Sunset Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA | 90026

3. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

2

Answered . The ticket for no proof of insurance should be dropped if you have the proper documentation. The red light ticket may be dropped if the officer fails to appear. If the officer does appear the court may work with you, i.e. traffic school, or no points on your record, etc. Good luck.

www.YourCriminalDefenseLawyer.com
    for Fairness / for Freedom
    (800) 409-7010

4. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

1

Answered . Get an attorney to fight this ticket for you. The Proof of Insurance is correctable- the red light ticket is a point violation.

Andrew Roberts
    (818) 597-0633

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777