I recently realized symptoms I suffered with nearly a year ago & for about a year were actually related to my taking Pradaxa...

Memphis, TN |

...and not from my stomach ulcers or other illnesses. My symptoms were SEVERE stomach pains; brownish-red & black stools; dizziness; numbness & pain left side (neck, arm, shoulder & fingers); and stroke-like face and lip quizzers. I was hospitalized 2 times while on Pradaxa for Afib & sent home last time during an active Afib attack. The dr said there was nothing he could do for me. Recently I informed my PCP, Endocrinologist & Cardiologist about the previous symptoms. The problem is, none of my drs will reference this in my charts, even after I ask specifically. I saw an endocrinolist on 09/26/12 & as of today, her staff tells me there are no notes for that visit. I've been told she's not here today; she's out sick; or I'll call you back. How can I get my records properly documented?

1. The best advice is to call an experienced defective drug attorney. There are several known problems with Pradaxa, including excessive bleeding and heart problems. Follow the link below to watch an informative video about Pradaxa.

Please note that my answering this question, does not in any way mean I represent you for this, or any other case. This answer is given for informational purposes and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Thomas R. Greer Bailey & Greer, PLLC 6256 Poplar Avenue Memphis, TN 38119 (901) 680-9777 http://www.baileygreer.com

2. There have been numerous class action lawsuits for this medication. Just Google “pradaxa class action” and you will find the firms involved. Contact then and see if your symptoms are those covered by the lawsuits.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.