I recently had an accident that had air bags not deploy, and was wondering if that is normal or not?

Herndon, VA |

My issue is I was driving on 28S coming from Ashburn, VA. I was in the left lane, it had been raining hard all day, and my car hydroplaned into a guard rail going 55 MPH. My car is a 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Eco. My airbags did not deploy on any side, and do not know if my seat belt did not tighten or not, but I did end up hurting my left shoulder in the accident.

In order to have a viable claim, you would ultimately have to prove that if the airbags had deployed you would not have injured your shoulder. This may be difficult and probably not worthwhile if your injury is not very serious, as car manufacturers make these cases very difficult.

To answer your question, yes it is fairly common. Any other question(s)?

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

It's not uncommon.