I RECENTLY GOT MY MEXICAN PASSPORT,MY QUESTION IS IM AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT BUT CAN I TRAVEL TO DIFFERENT STATES WITH IN THE US??

Asked about 1 year ago - Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA WANT TO VISIT FAMILY MEMBERS IN OREGON

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

16

Answered . You take as much risk traveling form California to Oregon as you do when you travel in California.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

13

2

Answered . You can always try. The TSA is accustomed to seeing people from all over the world pass security lines by flashing out their foreign passports. You could be one of them. The only problem might be though, in case you case a TSA agent that is more than half awake, the fact that your Mex passport will be issued by the L..A. consulate. That could raise a red flag (or it could not). You won't know until you actually try.

3. Anu Gupta

Pro

11

1

Answered . I dont recommend it. Travel is permissible within the US with a valid id. However, if you are caught, you may be deported.

4. Morgan Laine Place

Pro

9

Answered . I agree with my fellow attorneys. Although you may technically be able to travel from state to state, there is definitely a real risk involved where you're stopping in places that you could be subject to inspection (airports, etc.). And, it's a risk you have to be very aware of and decide if it is worthwhile to travel when the consequences could be deportation. I generally recommend against it, but it's your choice.

5. Madhu Kalra

Pro

8

Answered . Not without risk of being caught.

6. Sean Thomas Wright

8

Answered . You don't h ave any problem as far as crossing the California/Oregon border that you don't have going to the grocery store. Don't try to fly.

7. Sara Naheedy

5

Answered . I would not risk it. If you are questioned by officials, you can be detained and then be in jeopardy of deportation and removal proceedings.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now