I RECENTLY GOT MY MEXICAN PASSPORT,MY QUESTION IS IM AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT BUT CAN I TRAVEL TO DIFFERENT STATES WITH IN THE US??

Rancho Cucamonga, CA |

I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA WANT TO VISIT FAMILY MEMBERS IN OREGON

You can always try. The TSA is accustomed to seeing people from all over the world pass security lines by flashing out their foreign passports. You could be one of them. The only problem might be though, in case you case a TSA agent that is more than half awake, the fact that your Mex passport will be issued by the L..A. consulate. That could raise a red flag (or it could not). You won't know until you actually try.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

I dont recommend it. Travel is permissible within the US with a valid id. However, if you are caught, you may be deported.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.

You take as much risk traveling form California to Oregon as you do when you travel in California.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Not without risk of being caught.

Madhu Kalra Kalra Law Firm 23720 Arlington Avenue, Ste 5 Torrance, Ca 90501 (310) 325-9012 http://www.thekalrafirm.com

I agree with my fellow attorneys. Although you may technically be able to travel from state to state, there is definitely a real risk involved where you're stopping in places that you could be subject to inspection (airports, etc.). And, it's a risk you have to be very aware of and decide if it is worthwhile to travel when the consequences could be deportation. I generally recommend against it, but it's your choice.

Any and all responses to this and any other questions are intended for basic informational purposes only and are not legal advice.

You don't h ave any problem as far as crossing the California/Oregon border that you don't have going to the grocery store. Don't try to fly.

I would not risk it. If you are questioned by officials, you can be detained and then be in jeopardy of deportation and removal proceedings.