I recently got into a hit and run and left the scene i didnt kno i hit a car

Oak Lawn, IL |

i thought i hit a curb but i got a call 10 days later from the police looking for me so i turned my self in make insurace claim what is going to happen fines , licinese suspended i need my drivers licineses

1. You should retain a lawyer that handles traffic matters. Check this site for a lawyer.

2. Is your license suspended FOR this incident or was it suspended prior to this incident?

Make sure you report this to your auto carrier and also retain a traffic/criminal lawyer to assist you in traffic court. Realistically, you are probably going to get tickets for leaving the scene of an accident involving property damage and possibly for driving on a suspended license; you will want a lawyer for these before you go to court.

Your license is suspended and it is hard to know for what reason. Is it due to money you owe for the PD in this incident? If so, why didn't your auto carrier pay for it? Did you report it to them? When did this occur--your DL would not be suspended this quickly.

Depending upon the reason for the DL suspension, you may or may not need a lawyer and a formal or informal hearing before the Secretary of State. However, you may merely have to submit the claim to your carrier to take care of this. Again, talk to the insurer first to find out the story and discuss your DL situation with your traffic lawyer.

This answer posted on Avvo is for informational and educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship created or formed and you should not rely on this as legal advice. The suggestion is made that if you wish to protect your rights, you consult with an attorney immediately.

3. You need to retain a local criminal defense/traffic attorney to advise you.

In seeking an attorney on this site, beware of limiting your search to attorneys with a 10 rating, and carefully read the AVVO disclaimer regarding their rating system. There are certain factors that are given great weight which do not necessarily have any bearing on an attorney's experience, abilities, and results with certain types of cases. Accordingly, the rating numbers can be misleading. Also beware of basing your choice on the fee charged, as a low fee, depending on the skill, experience and determination of the specific attorney handling your case, could actually have an inverse relationship to the amount actually put in your pocket.

4. You cannot afford not to have an attorney. Figure a way to hire one.

Mr. Padove is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana and is located in Highland, Indiana serving the Chicagoland area to Indianapolis. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Padove strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received. If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

5. A few more facts would be helpful, but retain a local criminal lawyer to sort it out.

6. You definitely need an attorney. There is a terrific "Find a Lawyer" tab above.

My post is for informational purposes only and in no way establishes an attorney client relationship.