I recently got in trouble for importing cell phone accessories and need to make sure everything I get now is legal.

Jacksonville, FL |

how would I go about finding out? certain cases I want to buy may or may not have some type of patent on them in the U.S. even though their generic they might still be illegal. repair parts such as apple doors or samsung doors with no logos nobody seems to know for sure if they are illegal or not even samsung doors with designs on them I am told may be illegal. I need to find out what I can and cannot sell in order to stay in business but if I order something illegal again I will go to jail.

1. This is difficult b/c everyone in China will tell you they are legit when they are not. Then when going through Customs, they are discovered and destroyed. Have you thought of only ordering from only US vendors?

Zonald Spinks, Esq. Phone: (813) 413-5352 Fax: (813) 658-5893 Twitter: @ZonaldLaw Skype: Zonaldlaw Disclaimer: legal information is not the same as legal advice -- the application of law to an individual's specific circumstances. Although we go to great lengths to make sure our information is accurate and useful, we recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that this information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation. This information is not intended as legal advice for an individual situation, it is only provided as information.

Business topics