I recently got fingerprinted for my N400 naturalization. How is the government shutdown effecting USCIS background checks?

Paterson, NJ |

I recently got fingerprinted for my N400 naturalization. How is the government shutdown effecting USCIS background checks? Is there a delay in getting the results?

Don't they have to rely on the FBI to complete the background checks?

1. The government shutdown should not affect background checks with USCIS. According to the USCIS website, thee agency announced the government shutdown will not affect their operations and thus you shouldn't experience any delays with background checks related to your N400 application.

The information is not legal advice and informational only. No attorney client relationship should be construed.

2. It is not. USCIS is a customer fee driven and funded agency.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. You should not expect any delays.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

4. There is no delay.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

5. The government shutdown should not affect your citizenship application. Good luck!

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.