I recently got charged with false identification and underage drinking. I was not at the party though.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Camp Hill, PA

One of my "friends" got charged and then told the police she wasn't there and that I had been there and given her information. Then the police called me and told me he recognized me from my pen dot photo even though he has never seen me before. Can I get out of this trouble?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney and begin to look for evidence of an alibi (i.e. something to demonstrate you were elsewhere (e.g., restaurant receipts, internet chat logs, movie tickets, EZ Pass tolls, receipts, etc.)

    Stew Crawford, Jr. Esq.

    Crawford Law Firm
    A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

    Philadelphia Area Office
    223 North Monroe Street
    Media, Pennsylvania 19063

    E-Mail: crime@subrolaw.us

    All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself,... more
  2. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree completely with Attorney Crawford; consult with an attorney immediately. The underage will carry a license suspension and neither will be attractive to school admissions committees or employers. Most attorneys here offer free consultations. Take advantage of that to educate yourself about the significance of the situation you are in and the potential defenses you may have. Good luck.

  3. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The first thing you need to do is stop posting information on line as it can be used against you. Secondly, you must secure an experienced criminal defense attorney to represent you. If you cannot afford a private attorney then apply for a public defender.good luck.

  4. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . IF the circumstances are as you say then it sounds like you can get out of it. I would need to speak with you though. In the meantime, you may go read my section underage drinking on my website and contact me over the weekend if need be.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,557 answers this week

3,749 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,557 answers this week

3,749 attorneys answering