I recently got arrested for a DWI with child passenger. Will i still be able to become a nurse or work in a rehabilitation facil

Port Arthur, TX |

I am still awaiting court date but sure i will be convicted.

1. Don't be sure you will be convicted. Get a local criminal defense attorney experienced with DWI defense.

BEST ANSWER I got.... and I HOPE I WAS HELPFUL!! Steve Hamer answers questions on Avvo for general information and not as legal advice. Those answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. If you would like my help, contact Mr. Hamer at (214) 843-1529 for a FREE CONSULTATION.

2. That's up to the licensing agency, not the courts. Consult with an experienced DUI defense lawyer about your case. There may be ways to defend the charge about which you haven't thought.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

3. DWI with a child is generally a felony in Texas.

A felony would be a problem with nursing licensing...how much of a problem is something to take up with a lawyer who handles nursing licensing cases. That lawyer can probably give you some advice about working in any direct care position.

The suggestion that you get a good DWI defense lawyer to assist you is a good one.

Under the right set of facts, even a failed breath test or blood test does not necessarily mean you are going to be convicted.

One of the leading DWI lawyers in Texas is just down the road from you in the greater Houston area. Look up Gary Trichter on the web and give his office a call. Or Mark Theissen. Both give seminars on DWI defense.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.