I recently got arrested for a DWI with child passenger. Will i still be able to become a nurse or work in a rehabilitation facil

Asked over 1 year ago - Port Arthur, TX

I am still awaiting court date but sure i will be convicted.

1. 10

Answered . Don't be sure you will be convicted. Get a local criminal defense attorney experienced with DWI defense.

2. 10

Answered . DWI with a child is generally a felony in Texas.

A felony would be a problem with nursing licensing...how much of a problem is something to take up with a lawyer who handles nursing licensing cases. That lawyer can probably give you some advice about working in any direct care position.

The suggestion that you get a good DWI defense lawyer to assist you is a good one.

Under the right set of facts, even a failed breath test or blood test does not necessarily mean you are going to be convicted.

One of the leading DWI lawyers in Texas is just down the road from you in the greater Houston area. Look up Gary Trichter on the web and give his office a call. Or Mark Theissen. Both give seminars on DWI defense.

3. 10

Answered . That's up to the licensing agency, not the courts. Consult with an experienced DUI defense lawyer about your case. There may be ways to defend the charge about which you haven't thought.