I recently got arrested for a DWI with child passenger. Will i still be able to become a nurse or work in a rehabilitation facil

Asked over 1 year ago - Port Arthur, TX

I am still awaiting court date but sure i will be convicted.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 10

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Don't be sure you will be convicted. Get a local criminal defense attorney experienced with DWI defense.

    BEST ANSWER I got.... and I HOPE I WAS HELPFUL!! Steve Hamer answers questions on Avvo for general information... more
  2. 10

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . DWI with a child is generally a felony in Texas.

    A felony would be a problem with nursing licensing...how much of a problem is something to take up with a lawyer who handles nursing licensing cases. That lawyer can probably give you some advice about working in any direct care position.

    The suggestion that you get a good DWI defense lawyer to assist you is a good one.

    Under the right set of facts, even a failed breath test or blood test does not necessarily mean you are going to be convicted.

    One of the leading DWI lawyers in Texas is just down the road from you in the greater Houston area. Look up Gary Trichter on the web and give his office a call. Or Mark Theissen. Both give seminars on DWI defense.

    Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No... more
  3. 10

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . That's up to the licensing agency, not the courts. Consult with an experienced DUI defense lawyer about your case. There may be ways to defend the charge about which you haven't thought.

    Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any... more

Related Topics


The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

DUI arrest

A DUI arrest must be based on probable cause: the officer must have enough evidence to arrest, as determined by a combination of factors.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,930 answers this week

3,773 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,930 answers this week

3,773 attorneys answering