I recently got a chemical burn from a tanning salon that is about 2-3 inches big. Do I have a case?

Federal Way, WA |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

They claim I signed a release form against UV lights, but the burn is from their chemicals they use to clean the beds.

You very well may have a case, but it will depend on a number of factors.

First, you will need to determine whether the release covered injuries other than from UV lights. To do this, you'll need a copy of the signed release and will likely want an attorney to review it.

Second, you will need medical confirmation that your burn was indeed caused by chemicals. That may be difficult to prove, and it may be even more difficult to prove that the chemicals came from the tanning bed. Then again, there may proof that a certain cleaning agent the salon used is known to cause burns.

These factors will all go into determining whether the salon was negligent in its actions towards you, the customer.

Your best bet is to consult a personal injury attorney. Personal injury attorneys normally do not charge for consultations and will be able to look into the claim in further depth.

My response does not constitute legal advice but is provided for the purposes of advertising and education. Please contact a local attorney if you wish to obtain confidential legal counsel.

The paper I signed states NOTHING about chemical burns, nor does it say that I won't hold them liable. It simply states that I am aware of the dangers from Ultraviolet Radiation. When I went to the hospital they gave me paperwork about chemical burns and what to do to take care of it, also with instructions with the medications they gave me to take care of. I have pictures of the whole event and I also talked to the owner of the salon and she stated that it happenes to her mom as well, then I showed her what it looked like when it blistered and she said she had never seen it that bad! On top of all this I checked reviews on this place and there is a review that states that another customer had gotten ring worm three times from this place, so there is no doubt to their neglegence! Thank you for responding to my question... I guess the next step is getting a hold of an attorney!

Alex Bretzer Ferguson

Alex Bretzer Ferguson

Indeed. I believe that is the best course of action. I hope I have been of some assistance!

Yes thank you!

Yes thank you!

I recently obtained 1st and 2nd degree burns from a tanning facility in Spanaway WA, Only on my arms and hands I wonder if this is a similar situation?? The lawyers I have spoke to say that I need to have what they call a burden of proof meaning I need to know someone else that this has happend to recently. maybe we should get together on this if this is the same company?? Feel free to contact valauina@yahoo.com. this is terrible!

I agree that you need to consult a personal injury lawyer immediately. You don't say if you have had medical treatment or whether your doctor can confirm that this is a chemical burn. If so, you claim is much better. However, the release will have to be examined by a lawyer to find out if this is covered. The release will be viewed in the light most favorable to you by the courts since they created the language in it.

I recently also recieved 1st and 2nd degree burns from a tanning facility in spanaway wa, I am trying to find out if I have a case as well please contact me valauina@yahoo.com if possible.