Skip to main content

I recently got a 601 waiver of inadmissibility aproved and my green card in hand now

Astoria, NY |

..and I want to travel back to my country asap (south America) for the first time since i left, but I'm nervous, will i have any problems entering?.. any arrests i ever had was before and that is why the 601 ..( for : prostitution, dui, domestic violence(dismissed) ) , should i travel with copies of the certificates of dispositions? in case? copies?/ or certified? ....wilI be ok ? I good? Thank you!

Attorney Answers 4

  1. No problem. Go, good luck.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  2. No problem. Have a safe trip.

  3. You can travel without any paperwork except your passport and green card.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  4. Since you provide all of your arrest record to USCIS and file the 601 Waiver, you should not have any problems since USCIS reviewed the criminal records and then gave you the green card.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics