I recently found out my parents had unclaimed property Funds/Liquid from Eaton Vance Management now being held by the State

Salt Lake City, UT |

Both my parents are deceased the last activity on this is wa 1986. Neither of my parents left a will. The State will only provide the dollar amount upon proof of ownership. The website only indicates the value to be more than $100.00 Do I need an attorney in this case, additionally my siblings and I have no contact do I need to notify them as well or what is the best route to proceed ?

If I hire a probate Attorney will the costs be something I would incur or would they be paid from any proceeds ? And is there any way to find out the dollar amount before creating additional costs which could create a overall loss ?

You will need a probate attorney to open the estate to collect the funds.
Most likely-the other children will need to be notified

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Most likely you will need to pay for the attorney out of your own pocket since you are not acting on behalf of the estate as a personal representative of the estate.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates