I recently found out my parents had unclaimed property Funds/Liquid from Eaton Vance Management now being held by the State

Asked 6 months ago - Salt Lake City, UT

Both my parents are deceased the last activity on this is wa 1986. Neither of my parents left a will. The State will only provide the dollar amount upon proof of ownership. The website only indicates the value to be more than $100.00 Do I need an attorney in this case, additionally my siblings and I have no contact do I need to notify them as well or what is the best route to proceed ?

If I hire a probate Attorney will the costs be something I would incur or would they be paid from any proceeds ? And is there any way to find out the dollar amount before creating additional costs which could create a overall loss ?

1. Micah F McBride

1

Answered . Most likely you will need to pay for the attorney out of your own pocket since you are not acting on behalf of the estate as a personal representative of the estate.

2. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . You will need a probate attorney to open the estate to collect the funds.
    Most likely-the other children will need to be notified