I recently discovered that a coworker has accused me of messing around with another coworker on the job.

Asked about 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

He stated he saw the coworker feeling my butt. Ironically, these statements were made after I lodged a complaint against the coworker. His statements are absolutely false!

1. Eugene P. Castagliuolo

3

Answered . File a statement that the accusation is false with your employer, and get the coworker (who was also accused) to file his/her own statement that the accusation is false. Protect your personnel file. Be business-like and direct, less is more. "The accusation is false" should do it. Don't allow an HR type or anyone else in management to coerce you into saying more. Good luck.

Pro

3

Answered . Provide a statement to your employer that this is false, and that it is retaliatory nonsense.

3. Brian Curtis Pascale

Pro

1

Answered . It appears to be retaliatory. Inform your employer before his complaint gains any traction.

4. Matthew C Simon

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues - report it to the company. Also, from now on, document everything . Good luck.