I recently discovered that a coworker has accused me of messing around with another coworker on the job.

Brooklyn, NY |

He stated he saw the coworker feeling my butt. Ironically, these statements were made after I lodged a complaint against the coworker. His statements are absolutely false!

File a statement that the accusation is false with your employer, and get the coworker (who was also accused) to file his/her own statement that the accusation is false. Protect your personnel file. Be business-like and direct, less is more. "The accusation is false" should do it. Don't allow an HR type or anyone else in management to coerce you into saying more. Good luck.

If you think my response is the best response, it would help me if you would indicate that. Also, please note that my responses to question(s) are NOT legal advice from me to you because I am NOT your lawyer, you are NOT my client, and we do NOT currently have an attorney-client relationship. Thanks!

Provide a statement to your employer that this is false, and that it is retaliatory nonsense.

It appears to be retaliatory. Inform your employer before his complaint gains any traction.

Mr. Pascale is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time-lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Pascale strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to insure proper advice is received.

I agree with my colleagues - report it to the company. Also, from now on, document everything . Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.