I received the following e-mail today. Can this be real? I was told it is for a loan. I never had a loan

Elk Grove Village, IL |

CASE FILE: -ZQ05744512A
DUE AMOUNT: -$1283.96
Bureau of Defaulters Agency - FTC Incorporation.
This is to inform you, that you are going to be legally prosecuted in the Court House within a couple of days. Your SSN is put on hold by the US Federal Government, so before the case if filed we would like to notify you about this matter.
It seems apparent that you have chosen to ignore all our efforts to contact you in order to resolve your debt with the Bureau of Defaulters Agency. At this point you have made your intentions clear and have left us no choice but to protect our interest in this matter. Now this means a few things for you, if you are under any state probation or payroll we need you to inform your manager/Concerned HR department about what you have done in the past and what would be the consequences once the case has been downloaded and executed in your name.
Now, FTC is pressing charges against you regarding 3 serious allegations:
1. Violation of federal banking regulation act 1983(C)
2. Breach of Contract
3. Theft by deception (ACC ACT 21A)
If we do not hear from you within 48 hours of the date on this letter, we will be compelled to seek legal representation from our company Attorney. We reserve the right to commence litigation for intent to commit wire fraud under the pretense of refusing to repay a debt committed to, by use of the internet. In addition we reserve the right to seek recovery for the balance due, as well as legal fees and any court cost incurred.
WE CARRY ALL THE RIGHTS RESERVED TO INFORM TO FBI, FTC, AND HOME LAND SECURITY YOUR EMPLOYER AND BANK ABOUT FRAUD.
And once you are found guilty in the court house, then you have to bear the entire cost of this lawsuit which totals to $13,271.15, excluding loan amount, attorney's fee & the interest charges. You have the right to hire an attorney. If you don't have/can't afford one then the court will appoint one for you.
Attorney General
Mark Becker
Copyright (c) 2006
FTC | Privacy | Terms of use
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Confidentiality Statement & Notice: - This email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521 and intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination to unauthorized persons or other use of the original message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this electronic transmission in error, please reply to the above-referenced sender about the error and permanently delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation

This is a scam. Consumer lawyes see lots of these. Do not respond. File complaints with the Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and Attorney General of your state. None of the dire threats can or will be carried out.

If you have responded by providing any financial or account information, notify the financial institutions that your account has been compromised and cancel it/ change the number. Otherwise, you will find it drained.

Do not respond to its scam. Delete. Destroy.

This is a scam. Just for your future reference. When you get an email like this and are unsure about it, you are always welcome to come here and ask about it. I've found, personally, that googling the subject line of suspect emails typically reveals others who have reported getting hit up with the exact same scam. Ripoffreport.com is another good source.

Daniel A. Springer

Daniel A. Springer

I want to echo how easy and smart it is to simply google the subject line - most times these scams have been mass-sent and many people have had the same experience with the same e-mail - best to learn from others mistakes

This is a scammer who is attempting to intimidate money and information out of you. Ignore t.